Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

I had such a great time this weekend making projects.  I took a holiday on Friday, so I had a nice extended weekend to mess around...

I spent a few hours at the laundromat washing all of the fabrics I had recently bought, and reading on my kindle.  Then, I got home, did some ironing & I started by cutting up some squares of the feedsack fabric to make Kinley's blanket.  I was super excited, and then & realized I misjudged the sizes.  Oops!  This is what happens when I think I don't really need to follow a pattern!  So, after being a little frustrated, and not knowing how I was going to salvage that project, I set it aside and picked up a new one.

Took some fat quarters I had bought & created this quilttop:

It is the exact size of my table top, so I think I will make this into a sort of placemat/runner!

I set that aside & took a break to make some cupcake goodies for Easter dinner:
Mmmm...

Then, I started working on an apron for the hostess.  I had found this awesomely cute Campbell's soup fabric on sale:


So, I decided to make an apron/shopping bag duo:
They both turned out great & were so much fun to make!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment