Sunday, November 20, 2011

Be Thankful...


It is that time of the year when we give thanks for the good things in our lives, and think of others who may benefit from our good cheer.
Thanksgiving is my most favorite holiday.  It's up there with Christmas, but there is something about the idea of having a holiday where you aren't required to give gifts that makes it special.  (And, the loads of turkey, mashed potatoes, and pies doesn't hurt either!)
It's a day where we are reminded to give from our heart.

So, I was thinking of everything I'm thankful for this year, and I found myself thinking of my new friends who have touched my life without their even knowing.  I'm talking about those blogger friends who create those posts that make you warmly smile, or spit out your coffee laughing (you know the ones!).

I've decided to send a couple gift aprons out to two of my new friends.  The first, is Ree Drummond.  You may know her as the Pioneer Woman, and if you don't- please visit her here!  She is funny, inspiring, humble, amazingly talented, and makes me feel like we could sit on the front porch, get a keg of nails and drive 'em!
This cowpoke apron just screamed to me "REE!"  I hope she likes it!

Cross-back to alleviate neck strain (thanks, Debbie Snyder!)


Michael Miller, is there any fabric design you can't do??

At the very least, she can let her basset hounds drool on it...

My other friend is someone who I actually get my beautiful feedsack fabrics from, Marydon Ford of Blushing Rose Boutique.  Don't know her either?  Well, click here to visit!
I've been meaning to send her something, as I get so many wonderful compliments on her fabric, but it took me until today to get my tail in gear.

Here is an apron I made using one of the feedsacks she sent to me (she LOVES pink).

Cross-back again... don't you feel like cooking?  Or, at least pretending??

I just love how beautiful this feedsack fabric is!

Thank you to both Marydon & Ree for their dedicated postings... I am very thankful for them both!

Well, this post has been a bit long, so I'll write again tomorrow with my NEW holiday postings on Etsy- portions of the proceeds to benefit two charities; Food Bank of NYC, and In Our Hand Rescue (Pets). 

Have a wonderful evening & thanks for visiting me!