Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Life Uncommon...

Music often inspires me, and as I'm listening to "Life Uncommon" by Jewel, and scrolling through the blog postings on my Google Reader, I am struck by a few observations:


 
1. There are many, many lovely, talented and driven artists & crafters out there!
2. I am proud to be a part of this lively group & to be actively creating pieces of work(love).

When I get overwhelmed trying to "keep up", I have to remember that I have my own voice and my own timing. And, that is more important than just pushing objects out in the attempt to mass-market.

I am a hand-crafter for a reason: Each item I make is made with love... and that takes time. It takes time not only to make, but also to allow myself the space to dream and create new designs.

I think this is one more sad reality of our fast-paced, market-based economy. We have been told "faster is better" for so long, that it is really, really hard to disconnect and re-connect to our inner musings.

So, for tonight, I will continue to muse... and I hope that the products of my musings will be something that delights you for postings to come.

Bird